Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Carter Update

Well...... yesterday we had an appointment with the baby doctor and found out that our little Carter didn't slow down on his growth. HE SPED UP!!!! Yesterday was 33 weeks and 5 days. Carter's body was measuring 38 weeks and his head is at 40 weeks. They estimate that he weighs 6lbs. 8ozs. CRAZY!!!! Troy and I were concerned that something must be wrong since he was so big. The tech re-measured and it was all correct. She then went on to check everything out very carefully since we were worried  and she said he looked perfect. He is just going to be a big kiddo. So Dr. Rowe comes in and takes a look at Carter and is amazed how big he is. He again tells me that he is very healthy, just big. The twins were large for twins so it was kinda expected. So the bad news is....... it looks like i'm going to have a Thanksgiving baby. I was really looking forward to carrying him to term but Dr. Rowe says our goal is to deliver by 37 weeks. He said that would be my best chance at being able to deliver naturally. It already looks like I will probably have to have a c-section because he probably won't fit down the birth canal since he is the size of a baby that should be delivered right now. I DON'T want a c-section. SO PLEASE pray that this baby will fit and we can have him at 37 weeks. Needless to say now we have a 3 week countdown with TONS of stuff still to do!!! But the great news is...... I get to meet my amazing little man in 3 short weeks!!!   By the way the due date is correct, everyone keeps asking.

3 comments:

AudreyElla2008 said...

The kids look adorable! I am glad to here Carter is doing well. I will pray that you will not need a c-section, but if it happens you will do great! If you guys need anything let us know.

jessica said...

hey girl, I am a 5'2" 115 lbs (prepreggo) that just delivered a 9lbs 3oz 22in long boy 2weeks ago. we had no complications or stitches.our bodies know what to do, but if you need help your dr will be ready. just don't worry, mine was actually not hard to push out...thank goodness for epidurals, though!!!

beckyboo said...

Hey if you need to talk about c-sections, please call. I've had 2 now and can tell you what to expect and the pros and cons.